- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice (white or brown, long grain or short grain, cooled to room temperature)
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (white or brown, or sugar substitute, honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional - regular or clear)
- more water for diluting (optional)
- Add rice, water, sugar and vanilla to a blender and close the lid. High speed blender (Vitamix, Blendtec): Blend on high for 3 minutes. (Vitamix instructions only: Select variable 1. Turn machine on gradually to variable 10 and then to high. Blend for 3 minutes or until desired consistency is reached). Regular blender: Blend on high for 5 to 7 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached. You can strain the rice milk for a smoother taste.
- Taste and dilute with more water (if needed). Refrigerate the rice milk until it is chilled. Shake before drinking.
If you use white rice, use clear vanilla and white sugar unless you want chocolate colored rice milk. I love chocolate so if it is chocolate colored, it better have chocolate in it!
Use more sugar if you like your rice milk sweeter
Blend the rice milk in batches if you are doubling or tripling the recipe.
Chill the rice milk in the refrigerator for at least an hour or two.