- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth balance brand)
- 3 tablespoons non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3⁄4 cups cocoa powder (sifted)
- 5 tablespoons dairy-free coffee cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring vegan butter and shortening to room temperature.
- Beat together the vegan butter with shortening for 1 minute in large bowl of standing mixer, until fluffy.
- Add sifted powdered sugar, cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons coffee creamer and vanilla. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon or 2 of the coffee creamer as needed. Continue to beat the icing until light and fluffy.
This icing tastes wonderful with Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes more than enough icing for 12 cupcakes, 48 mini cupcakes or a full cake.