|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 1⁄2 cup white rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dairy-free butter spread (room temperature, I used Earth Balance brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extact
- dairy-free chocolate chips (or sprinkles for decorating)
- In large bowl, whisk rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter alternative and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Divide the dough into two discs. Wrap one disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cover work surface with saran wrap.
- Place the dough disk that was not refrigerated, on top of the saran wrap on the work surface. Place a second layer of saran wrap on top of the dough disk and roll out 1/8 inch thick between the two sheets of saran wrap.
- Cut shapes with cookie cutters. Using a spatula, transfer to prepared baking sheets. Reroll scraps; cut shapes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Decorate cookies with chocolate chips.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, until edges are golden, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of cookies). Cool completely on wire racks.