|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 pounds boneless beef roast cut into large pieces (up to 4 pounds)
- 2 large onions cut into thin strips
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beef roast into large 2 or 3 large pieces and place into your slow cooker. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper.
- Place ketchup, apple cider vinegar, sugar and chili powder into a bowl and mix well to make a sauce.
- Cut onions into thin strips and add to the slow cooker. Pour sauce over beef and onions and use your hands to mix well until all of the beef is well coated with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat until beef is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef with tongs and set on a heat safe dish. Shred the beef with forks.
- Leave the sauce in the slow cooker and switch to high. Season the sauce to taste with additional salt, pepper, sugar or hot sauce if needed. (Option: dissolve 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch or cornstarch into a 1/4 cup of cool water and pour it into the sauce to help thicken it).
- Stir the shredded beef back into the slow cooker and serve while hot on a gluten-free bun or on a bed of rice.