|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 3⁄4 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used Robin Hood Nutri Flour Gluten Free blend)
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (if your gf blend does not include xanthan gum)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wet Ingredients
- 3 flax eggs 1 tablespoon of ground flax + 3 tablespoons of water = 1 egg
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed canned pineapple drained
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (GF flour blend, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon)
- In a small bowl, make your chia "egg" by mixing the ground chia and water together and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes until it turns into a gel like consistency.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (chia egg, vegetable oil, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla)
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until it is fully blended and smooth.
- Add the grated carrots and drained pineapples to the mixture and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop or 1/3 cup measure to scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the cupcake located in the center of the pan.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before icing the cake with Gluten-free Vegan Cream “Cheese” icing.
Use Gluten-free Vegan Cream “Cheese” icing with these cupcakes.
View more details and pictures at Allergy-friendly traditional carrot cupcakes.