|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- fresh ginger root (approx 1 inch)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
- Peel the ginger and slice thinly. Maximizing the surface area will help make the ginger tea very flavorful.
- Place ginger and water into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow the ginger to simmer in water for at least 10 minutes. For a stronger tea, allow to simmer for 20 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger.
- Remove from heat and pour through a sieve into a cup or mug. Add honey (or agave nectar) to taste.