Rapini, also known as Broccoli Rabe, is my absolute favorite vegetable. While it looks like miniature broccoli, it is actually in the mustard family, so check with your doctor before eating rapini if you have a mustard allergy. It is a bitter leafy green, but roasting it brings out a little sweetness that makes the flavor so much more interesting for the taste buds!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 bunch rapini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or any light tasting oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Wash, trim any dry ends in of the stem and dry the rapini in paper towel.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Place the rapini in a single layer on the cookie tray. To ensure the rapini roasts properly instead of steaming, do not over crowd the cookie tray. You may need to use 2 trays.
- Drizzle olive oil over rapini and toss well so that it is well covered in oil. Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for approximately 15-20 minutes until leaves are roasted and dark green or brown.
- Serve while hot.
For variations, consider adding garlic, red chili peppers or lemon when adding the olive oil.