|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 cups gluten-free beef broth
- 227 grams white mushrooms (diced)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter (we use Earth Balance)
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons water (cold)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring 3 cups of beef broth to a boil in a sauce pan and set aside.
- In a frying pan, saute mushrooms with vegan margarine until the mushrooms are brown and the liquid has reduced to about half.
- In a separate cup dissolve tapioca starch in cold water.
- Add the mushrooms and tapioca starch mixture into the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
We liked having a lumpy gravy with the diced mushroom peices, but for a traditional smooth gravy, use a hand blender once the gravy has thickened.
For a vegetarian/vegan version, replace beef broth with gluten-free vegetable broth.