|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (or chia seeds)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dairy free milk alternative
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients (flour, flax meal, baking powder, and salt)
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk)
- Slowly mix half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing bowl, stirring continuously. Add the rest of the dry ingredients ¼ cup at a time. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
- Grease a griddle or pan, and preheat over medium heat.
- Use an ice cream scoop or ladle to measure approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve.
Consider adding 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon for additional flavor.
For thinner pancakes, add an additional 1/2 cup of milk to make a runnier batter.