|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 kilogram grey ghost squash peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalks chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water and 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Slice the squash in half and remove seeds. Peel and chop the squash into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery and carrots 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the squash and pour in enough of the vegetable stock to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Serve the soup hot. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Grey Ghost Squash can be replaced with Butternut Squash