- 1 can unsalted chickpeas drained and rinsed - reserve aquafaba
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper roughly chopped - adjust to taste
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process on medium speed until smooth (approximately 1 minute). If needed, add an extra teaspoon of aquafaba to make it smoother.
- Refrigerate and serve cold with chips, crackers or vegetables. It is also a delicious spread for sandwiches and rice cakes.