|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 kilogram beef roast (Sirloin tip or oven round)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 carrots (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 potatoes (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 package white mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Chop onions, garlic and put in the the slow cooker. Spread it out to make a bed.
- Rub beef roast with salt and pepper. Place beef roast in the centre of the slow cooker pot on top of the bed of onions.
- Chop the carrots and potatoes and place around beef roast.
- Measure tamari and red wine and pour on top of the beef roast.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with rice
Can add as many different types of root vegetables to this recipe as you like. For example: sweet potato, parsnips, turnips and yams