|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cups vegan butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into cubes
- Place the apple cubes in a mixing bowl and mix in remaining filling ingredients (lemon juice, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, tapioca starch, cinnamon). Stir until apples are coated evenly.
- Use oil or vegan butter to grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Place apple filling into baking dish, and spread evenly.
- To prepare the crumble topping, combine brown sugar, rolled oats, gluten-free flour mix, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the vegan butter or coconut oil and mix well with a fork or your hands until the topping resembles breadcrumbs. Spread the crumble mixture evenly on top of the apple filling.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the apple filling is bubbling and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm with dairy-free vanilla ice cream on the side if desired.
Freezer friendly! Make ahead, assemble, cover with saran wrap and foil or an airtight cover then freeze for up to 4 weeks. To cook, defrost overnight in refrigerator then bake as instructed.
For more pictures read Easy Gluten-free Nut-free Apple Crumble.